SimpleSi Posted December 17, 2009 Posted December 17, 2009 A Christmas conundrum Only on certain Tuesdays with a R in the month.... I use WPKG for package deployment and run it from a startup shorcut that points \\server2\icttech\wpkg\wpkgstart.bat. This works fine on 100% of my computers 99.99% of time. But at one school, in a bank of 6 class machines, sometimes the batch won't run on some of the machines and gives a permission error. Sometimes re-booting, sorts it - sometimes not If I try to access \\server2\icttech - I get permission error. However, since all my shares run off a global share eg. \\server2\shares\classwork, \\server2\shares\icttech etc, if I try to access \\server2\shares\icttech - i have no problem. The shares are hosted on a w2k3 server and I give everyone permissions to any shares and the clients aren't domain members. Any ideas as to the cause? regards Simon
Nixphoe Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 One of the strangest permission issues I found was cached credentials. Under User Accounts in the Control Panel. Go to Advanced tab. Click Manage Passwords. See if anything was listed there. Not sure if that would apply to your case, as mine was more it let you connect some of the time. Also might try manipulating the drives by checking net use. Delete it and try to reconnect. Last check the security log on both the PC and the server. 1
ricki Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 Hi Is this a workgroup or a domain. I sometimes get it on our domain if the clock is set wrong because someone has changed it, which stops kerberos running and so authentication fails. I have had to put in a logon script that time syncs the time with the server. Richard
jsnetman Posted December 18, 2009 Posted December 18, 2009 I sometimes get it on our domain if the clock is set wrong because someone has changed it Why don't you just disable users from changing the time in AD.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now