Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

We currently have a ESXi infrastructure in place, on a production license of VMWare.

 

I was on a VMWare training course yesterday and they mentioned VMWare offered a free academic licensing program for research purposes:

 

VMware Academic Program Facts

 

a)Can we obtain one of these considering we also have the production license

b)Will we have to purchase a full Workstation license if I start using it to create base images and rolling them out to physical machines?

c)Does the license cover me installing VMWare Workstation / Fusion etc on my personal home machines?

 

Thanks :D

Posted
We currently have a ESXi infrastructure in place, on a production license of VMWare.

 

I was on a VMWare training course yesterday and they mentioned VMWare offered a free academic licensing program for research purposes:

 

VMware Academic Program Facts

 

a)Can we obtain one of these considering we also have the production license

b)Will we have to purchase a full Workstation license if I start using it to create base images and rolling them out to physical machines?

c)Does the license cover me installing VMWare Workstation / Fusion etc on my personal home machines?

 

Thanks :D

 

Is it for research? That seems to be the only qualifying issue. You couldn't use it for any normal infrastructure or general use for example. I can't see any non HE organisations qualifying.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...