Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just a small nugget of useful intel if you use or are planning on using the Desktop Authority MSI Studio (ver 3.20) and possible earlier (differently named) packages of the same name.

 

For some reason when completing a repackage of a legacy application DAMSIS will really go overboard on the ini file to the extent that you should really locate the original ini file and copy the true contents before replacing the DAMSIS generated one with the true content.

 

 

I've had all sorts of problems with this in a number of repackaging situations and the worst was one called "Spell Force" which completed fubar'd and crashed DAMSIS to the point that I cannot create a useable MSI.

 

The problem has been reported but it's worth noting as it probably has some odd effects with some apps.

Posted
Desktop Authority - Argh - I hate the damn thing - especially in the hands of Salford City Council's IT Services department...
Posted
Desktop Authority - Argh - I hate the damn thing - especially in the hands of Salford City Council's IT Services department...

Luckily this is just the MSI repackaging system.

 

They just renamed it as some marketing exercise I suspect..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...