_techie_ Posted December 2, 2009 Posted December 2, 2009 Hi, In SIMS.Net, We have setup a user defined group, but would like to create a photo list of the selected pupils from the list. I did try doing this via reports, but the photo's came out all different sizes... Is there anyway to sort out the photo sizes? Thanks,
SteveB Posted December 2, 2009 Posted December 2, 2009 You will need to create the report with an RTF output then when adding the field you can specify sizes as follows or Hope this helps Steve
_techie_ Posted December 2, 2009 Author Posted December 2, 2009 Sorry, I must be being thick here, as I can't see where you do this? When I click to add the photo field from Basic details in the left hand pane, there doesn't seem to be anyway to set the size?
GREED Posted December 2, 2009 Posted December 2, 2009 You do that in the Word template you set up at the end. You add the field as part of the RTF template, then manually add in the size numbers. Save the template then run it.
vikpaw Posted December 2, 2009 Posted December 2, 2009 @graham - Yes it works on my system at least it did the last time i checked. Not on Autumn release yet though. I don't use that for this purpose though, i control the size using the table setup in the report template. @_techie_ - try the attached report, i've included the word document as well so you can see. I just fix the column width to 3cm and the photo then can't resize. you have to input the short name of the udg, it also works with assessment defined groups and in fact any group / class if you give the exact name. i find it's slower for normal class groups though, and i've got a separate report based on class name for that which runs quicker. it also appears to run with no parameter entered and then takes ages, so make sure you type something in the box. )UDG photo.zip 1
SteveB Posted December 2, 2009 Posted December 2, 2009 Thanks for answering his query guys. Yeh, it works here on Autumn ok too.
_techie_ Posted December 2, 2009 Author Posted December 2, 2009 Thanks guys, I now have normal photos! Is there anyway I can have a row of 3 different students with names, within a table, and repeat the tables row? Like below Photo :: Photo :: Photo Student1 :: Student2 :: Student3 Repeat Down? Thanks. I noticed some other field names such as 'grouping' and record sum etc within word 2003. Can I utilise these somehow? Thanks,
GREED Posted December 2, 2009 Posted December 2, 2009 The way we do this is to use Word Columns. Tables can be very funny with SIMS reports at times.
_techie_ Posted December 2, 2009 Author Posted December 2, 2009 Where do you enter in the record start and record end, when using Word Columns? I found that tables were a bit funny as well! Thanks,
vikpaw Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 i'm slowly getting to grips with tables, but was thinking about columns for another report i need to pull in multiple sets of assessment data. aligning tables side by side defo does not work. @_techie_ - why do you want the rows to repeat? you can do it, but need to get multiple rows returned in the results of the reports. i've done this inadvertently by asking for cross referenced information. then you can set the number of columns as 3 ( as in my example it's 8 ) and then it would repeat down. i think i've understood what you want. also, the fields you have available are from a RTF report, my photo report, and i think the recommended 'easy' way is to use a wordlist report for this. don't ask me why. if you are using RTF reports there's a very useful Quick Reference Sheet available on Capita's SupportNet that goes into quite some detail on how to use the various fields and to structure layout. It does not yet cover the grouping option yet though. On my example i've used the Group By function which works okay when i do class photo reports.
GREED Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 I never use the start report tag. Mine looks something like: End Report And that is it, and it will cycle that code through until all records have been used, and the will cycle down column 1, then column 2 etc etc.
_techie_ Posted December 3, 2009 Author Posted December 3, 2009 Thanks for everyone's help. After a bit of fiddling and a decent nights sleep, I used the Word Columns feature, (as advised) which worked very well. Using 3 columns gave good space, and a decent number of pictures, but I managed to reduce the size of the photo's slightly, and put four columns in on one piece of paper Teacher who asked for it is very happy now, so I told him to thank the nice people on edugeek... Thanks all! _techie_
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now