somabc Posted November 30, 2009 Posted November 30, 2009 OK does anyone have any ideas here? I have 1 Power PC Mac and 1 Intel Mac. I want to install Leopard on the Power PC mac and it's HD is currently blank. The CD Drive's on each mac are dodgy so I have copied leopard to external drive(s) (both USB & Firewire Apple Partion Map). This will not boot on the Power PC. I can target disc either Mac. I target disc'd the Power PC mac and booted the Intel Mac from the Installer. BUT it can't install to a Apple Partion Map disc!
somabc Posted November 30, 2009 Author Posted November 30, 2009 Yeah don't have one, I suppose I could get one. Idea I just had - Boot Power PC mac in Target Disk mode - Create 2 Partitions, put Leopard installer on 1st Partition, reboot and install to 2nd Partition.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now