ranj Posted November 26, 2009 Posted November 26, 2009 Hi A few years ago we created a package using Veritas winstall for a program called GamesBox. It was working fine until recently but now if a user attempts to run the application it comes up with an error which says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. It works for administrator though which made me it must be a permissions problem. All our deployed packages sit on a DFS share on a windows 2003 server. I made sure that authenticated users had full access to the share and ACL permissions but it still doesnt work. I tried to give full permissions to the folder where this package resides and still it didnt work. thanks
sted Posted November 26, 2009 Posted November 26, 2009 is it looking for resources that have since been moved or a drive that admin get mapped but students dont? might be worth giving a test pupil admins logon script to check mapped drives
ranj Posted November 26, 2009 Author Posted November 26, 2009 its ok I have sorted it. I had prevented users read access at a higher level and that was preventing a user to be able to read files of the DFS share, as soon as I restored read access to domain users it sorted itself out.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now