Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Icon[t] believe it! :P


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got a strange problem with a new sims install

 

Staff have standard profiles - not redirected. No start menu redirection either.

 

The shortcut copied to the default user doesn't appear on the start menu for staff. Logged in as admin you can see it's there, and that the permissions are ok.

 

Any one - help!

Posted

The only time I've seen this is when I've copied a start menu folder/icon and not reset the permissions. I know you said you've checked them but are you really sure? :)

 

Also, any errors regarding group policies? If the staff previously had had redirected start menus and you've disabled them I can see that you might get these symptoms if there was a problem moving the start menu to the new location (permissions again basically).

Posted

All Users and Default User ChrisC

 

Used xcopy Geoff - rechecking permissions. Previously redirected yes - I'm looking at that one too.

 

No not moved NG

Posted
[still not tested btw] I put it in both NG - I removed the local profiles then logged in expecting it to refresh - hmmm - wonders - just did a quick and dirty delete - not the proper way...
Posted
I thought SIMS installed it's shortcuts to All Users anyway. There is a policy setting which prevents users from seeing the content of the All Users start menu/desktop; are other shortcuts from All Users appearing?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...