CM786 Posted September 22, 2006 Posted September 22, 2006 Hi guys, I am using AD with GPO to install the following software in an IT Suite of 20 PCs:- OpenOffice.Org, SmartBoard, Clicker 5. All PCs are the extact same spec and have XP SP2. The problem I have is that 16 of the PCs install the software fine and everything is okay, the remaining 4 just don't install it! All PCs are in the same group (ICTSuiteUnitTwo) and OU and have the same network adaptor driver (Nvidia nForce4 networking controller) and the PCs where the software installation polices don't run on are working fine on the domain apart from this issue. I have tried gpupdate /force and no joy.... Any ideas?? Thanks, CM786
_Bob_ Posted September 22, 2006 Posted September 22, 2006 Anything in the event logs on these machines?
CM786 Posted September 22, 2006 Author Posted September 22, 2006 Nothing that I can remember, but I am back at the school on Monday, so I will double check.
djm968 Posted October 2, 2006 Posted October 2, 2006 Try >start >run type RSOP.MSC and press enter and check for errors on the computer configuration.
Geoff Posted October 2, 2006 Posted October 2, 2006 Assuming these machines were imaged. Were they sysprep'd correctly afterwards?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now