Haptic Posted November 28, 2009 Author Posted November 28, 2009 That is only the limitation for that version of windows - I think the above comment was in ref to the limit of the hardware ie the max that the hardware supports ( in this case your netbook ) because of what the motherboard or chipset will physically support the comment was in refrence to the os capabilities fella, i have already established that the hardware is capable of holding the memory I brought ,
mac_shinobi Posted November 28, 2009 Posted November 28, 2009 the comment was in refrence to the os capabilities fella, i have already established that the hardware is capable of holding the memory I brought , Computer memory upgrades for ASUS Eee PC 1005HA Netbook from Crucial.com Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-6400 with a maximum of 2GB per slot. As for the OS side of things there are registry hacks to get around that - as there was with vista to stop it from only allowing a certain amount of ram
Haptic Posted November 28, 2009 Author Posted November 28, 2009 Computer memory upgrades for ASUS Eee PC 1005HA Netbook from Crucial.com Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-6400 with a maximum of 2GB per slot. As for the OS side of things there are registry hacks to get around that - as there was with vista to stop it from only allowing a certain amount of ram dude arent you listening, I said windows 7 starter edition CAN take a 2GB module for which I have and its in but the OS is only showing 1GB installed, fella read the thread properly no hacks are needed!!
mac_shinobi Posted November 28, 2009 Posted November 28, 2009 dude arent you listening, I said windows 7 starter edition CAN take a 2GB module for which I have and its in but the OS is only showing 1GB installed, fella read the thread properly no hacks are needed!! I am reading the thread - on the crucial website as posted above 2gb per memory slot 2 slots * 2 gb memory modules = 4gb Windows 7 starter edition is limiting you to 2gb I know its for windows vista but am guessing they have done something similiar to windows 7 starter edition Hack your Windows Vista 32 bits to address 4GB or more of RAM - Kartones Blog Patch Vista’s Kernel to Address more than 4 GB of Memory | RemkoWeijnen.nl So in theory and to conclude - if you wanted to go with 4 gb with windows 7 starter am sure it wouldn't be too complex to establish what they have done to restrict it if you wanted to go down that path - that was the only reason I am posting the above and as stated I am reading. As for why its not detecting it I would guess it would be due to as stated above because it needs a firmware / bios update possibly if not then I would give asus a ring and ask.
Haptic Posted November 28, 2009 Author Posted November 28, 2009 I am reading the thread - on the crucial website as posted above 2gb per memory slot 2 slots * 2 gb memory modules = 4gb Windows 7 starter edition is limiting you to 2gb I know its for windows vista but am guessing they have done something similiar to windows 7 starter edition Hack your Windows Vista 32 bits to address 4GB or more of RAM - Kartones Blog Patch Vista’s Kernel to Address more than 4 GB of Memory | RemkoWeijnen.nl So in theory and to conclude - if you wanted to go with 4 gb with windows 7 starter am sure it wouldn't be too complex to establish what they have done to restrict it if you wanted to go down that path - that was the only reason I am posting the above and as stated I am reading. As for why its not detecting it I would guess it would be due to as stated above because it needs a firmware / bios update possibly if not then I would give asus a ring and ask. if you are reading the thread properly you would know that no1 im only upgrading from 1GB to 2GB and no2 that there is 1 slot on the board not 2
mac_shinobi Posted November 28, 2009 Posted November 28, 2009 if you are reading the thread properly you would know that no1 im only upgrading from 1GB to 2GB and no2 that there is 1 slot on the board not 2 fair play - if you go into bios, reset to factory defaults and save and reboot does that help at all
Haptic Posted November 28, 2009 Author Posted November 28, 2009 fair play - if you go into bios, reset to factory defaults and save and reboot does that help at all bios is showing 2048mb installed
Haptic Posted November 28, 2009 Author Posted November 28, 2009 ok heres an update have just gone into the bios and its displaying 2GB then rebooted and windows Now See 2GB yippeee lol thanks for all your help guys
mac_shinobi Posted November 28, 2009 Posted November 28, 2009 ok heres an update have just gone into the bios and its displaying 2GB then rebooted and windows Now See 2GB yippeee lol thanks for all your help guys maybe I can get a netbook for christmas hehe - as for earlier I stand corrected so apologies for that glad you got it sorted out 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now