Tony_Mc Posted October 22, 2009 Posted October 22, 2009 Hey guys Please can someone help me? I am trying to set up remote access for the media tech so she can only get to the shutdown area of the remote access server. how I would like it to work out is... she logs onto the server, remote session, and then shuts down the machines she needs to. I also have set up the shut down schedule for later, but she wants to be able to do it earlier if need be! I have got as far as setting up a user, but don't know how to set the permissions so low as to only let her shut down the machines. any ideas Tony
nicklec Posted October 23, 2009 Posted October 23, 2009 Is she accessing the server via VNC to control ARD? That would seem to be the only reason to not just use ARD on her machine. With ARD she can then shutdown the machines, if you dont want her to have full ARD rights see chapter 5 of the ARD manual.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now