kearton Posted October 6, 2009 Posted October 6, 2009 (edited) I'm having real grief getting the MSI to NOT install Quicktime. There is a "QUICKTIME7REQUIRED" setup property. The default value is "0". It doesn't matter if I change this to "1"... it still tries to install. If I look at the "QuickTimeDlg" dialog box, it has a variable named "QUICKTIME7REQ" (note the different name to the one in setup properties! Serif typo?!) for the tickbox. If I manually add this to the setup properties and set it to either "0" or "1" it also makes no difference. Any ideas please? EDIT: The property to stop it installing Flash is "FP8GOFLIGHT" and this has the default value "yes". Changing it to "no" stops the installer trying to install Flash. I'll try using "no" instead of a number for QT... Edited October 6, 2009 by kearton Brainwave
AngryTechnician Posted October 6, 2009 Posted October 6, 2009 Try and find the CustomAction that installs Quicktime and then drop the reference to it in the InstallExecuteSequence table. 1
kearton Posted October 6, 2009 Author Posted October 6, 2009 Solved, thanks AT! There was a "QUICKTIME7REQUIRED" entry in the CustomAction table, set to "1". Changed it to "0" and viola! I wish Serif was consistent. Some variables use yes/no. Some use 1/0. Why even have it in the Setup Properties if this is going to be ignored?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now