synaesthesia Posted September 28, 2009 Posted September 28, 2009 I know there's another thread re promethean boards but I've an odd problem I'd rather not intrude or take over a topic with Have a school full of reasonably recent Promethean IWB's, they were originally wired up badly using Keyspan serial>usb adapters and I've recently replaced the lot with USB cables direct to the back of the board. However, before and after this change, 2 of these whiteboards (well, ActivePrimary 3) on a newer RM nbook laptop are showing an odd problem. You can be writing away, and all of a sudden the text/picture/scribble dissapears. You can continue scribbling and it wont do it again. Go forward a page, go back again, and ALL of the text is back again - the stuff that dissappeared and the stuff you carried on with afterwards. I've tried a re-installation of ActivePrimary 3 and the activdrivers to no avail. Other, older laptops with exactly the same version software do not show the issue on that same IWB. So, there's something on these particular laptops. We've got 2, both showing the same symptom on their own and eachothers IWB's. Anyone come across this before?
Jamman960 Posted September 28, 2009 Posted September 28, 2009 Have you tried ActivInspire on them? I thought our teachers would hang on to ActivPrimary for dear life but after a few weeks of using Inspire I don't think theres more than 1 or 2 teachers still on ActivPrimary It seems to be alot more robust than AP3 so it may solve your problem
synaesthesia Posted September 28, 2009 Author Posted September 28, 2009 Will take a look, cheers. Has been mentioned to me in a school beforehand but their budget apparently died the day after and it never moved forward As a result I've not actually seen it work, so will put it to them with a running demo or something
cmssbrie Posted September 29, 2009 Posted September 29, 2009 Might be worth checking the version(s) of Primary on them - the last version we released was 3.7.19 - if they aren't on this, then I'd update. To check version, your probably best going to the dashboard / Support tab, and clicking 'Check For Updates' Or, of course, try moving them over to Inspire!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now