Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

Please can someone help me I have run out of ideas on this one.

 

I have a terastation pro II thats started going slow and is now loosing data.

I have have run a checkdisk and a raid checks and it appears ok. Its no red lights on the drive but if I backup to it half the time the file disappears.

 

If I do a chkdisk even more files disappear.

 

I have upgraded the firmware and rerun the tests and it still does it. As it is my primary backup I have had to replace the unit but am trying to repair this one as I could use it for other things.

 

I suspect that a drive or 2 are going but they are too expensive to guess at what to change.

 

Has anyone got any ideas what I can go to identify the broken one

Posted

@ricki:

 

We used to have 2 of these but then data started disappearing so we bought an inexpensive case with motherboard, memory and CPU and filled it full of large capacity drives and used free NAS.

Exported the data just before they both went t*ts up, then binned the pair of usless bits of Cr*p!!

 

If I was you I would get shut ASAP. ;) :( :)

Posted

Hi

 

Would it be worth taking the drives out and putting them in a pc and booting from a hard drive testing cd is that likely to find the problem. Do you think its a drive or the tera station.

 

Richard

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...