Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I want to create a startup script which can start a process with network access. I seem to remember that there is a script tool which will let you do this, but I can't remember what it's called. In essence, I will need to create a special domain user account with a strong password and encode these into the script which would have to be encoded to prevent the password being extracted. I don't think this is possible in AutoIT.

 

Any ideas?

Posted

There was a thread a while back about doing SU in Windows. I'll see if I can dig it up.

 

In the meantime here are two suggestions off the top of my head:

 

-How about calling a shortcut which has saved credentials.

-The packagere that comes with Admin Script Editor produces encrypted executables so there's less concern about logon details in plain text.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...