featured_spectre Posted July 18, 2009 Posted July 18, 2009 I may well be hiring someone in September, mainly to deal with our netbooks and the like, as currently I am spending approximately 3 mins per netbook per day (we have 90 so thats 4:30 hours per working day just working on them!) I would hire someone to work lesson times only (5 hours in the day) so they are free to do whatever at break, lunch, after school, however my question would be, is there be much else that I could delegate to this person?
kylewilliamson Posted July 18, 2009 Posted July 18, 2009 By saying that the netbooks are taking up nearly 5 hours of the day and saying you only want to hire them for 5 hours ... you probablay cant delegate anything else. I imagine you'd need to hire them for 9-3 with an hours lunch or something.
wesleyw Posted July 18, 2009 Posted July 18, 2009 Sounds more like a 9-5 full time job pro-rata is what you should be looking at? Wes
FN-GM Posted July 18, 2009 Posted July 18, 2009 Why are they taking so much time? My old school had 150 laptops for student use and they didn't take anywhere near that much time to maintain
featured_spectre Posted July 18, 2009 Author Posted July 18, 2009 the netbooks are linux based *not my idea, I wanted the windows based ones*, they dont hold the wepkey and every time they move out of range of 1 AP and into the range of another, they drop connection, so every lesson its a case of I am running around reconnecting the sodding things. The teachers have had training on how to do it, and some do it, but not all. I much prefered when we had a laptop trolley as we didnt have as much troubles with them!
FN-GM Posted July 18, 2009 Posted July 18, 2009 You still use Wep, pretty easy to hack. Seems that these netbooks are pretty crazy with them doing that. I feel sorry for the poor soal who will get this job. One thing you could do is get someone the job then push for another system. Once that is done you will have a free techie
featured_spectre Posted July 18, 2009 Author Posted July 18, 2009 what we are aiming at is going for WPA or WPA2 over the summer for good measures, however I remember reading that Ruckus can only handle around 30 machines on the same AP on WPA and WPA2, so as you can see, not really ideal.
FN-GM Posted July 18, 2009 Posted July 18, 2009 what we are aiming at is going for WPA or WPA2 over the summer for good measures, however I remember reading that Ruckus can only handle around 30 machines on the same AP on WPA and WPA2, so as you can see, not really ideal. Something you could do...... 1. Put the wireless system on another network. 2. Make no security on your WIFI. 3. When then open IE they are presented with a logon screen, students put IE credentails in 4. Internet access Im pretty sure this can be done with most managed WIFI solutions. If you use this system you wont have problems putting the WEP key in.
featured_spectre Posted July 20, 2009 Author Posted July 20, 2009 how does that work in terms of staff emails etc?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now