gshaw Posted July 15, 2009 Posted July 15, 2009 From another thread basically what I wanted to do was to bridge across 2 networks to transfer a CSV file created from our MIS to AD on the teaching machines. Don't want to set up AD trusts or join the networks in any other way apart from shifting this one file from an internal "web" server to the other network. I've set up an IPCop with 2 NICs... Green (trusted) 192.168.x.x Red ("Internet" aka untrusted) 10.0.x.x Set up a port forward from the 10.0 address for the firewall to a test web server on the admin side (my PC). Now my theory was that this should work in the same way it does for the Internet connecting to the firewall's external IP and forwarding through... ...in a word it doesn't at the moment Trying to think if I've done something really obvious wrong so help me think out loud
gshaw Posted July 15, 2009 Author Posted July 15, 2009 Oops I seem to be making a habit of this... solved it I forgot the rules of packet engagement, a request came in from the teaching 10.0 IP so when responding the to request the admin web server did the usual and flug the response out via the default gateway i.e. normal Internet firewall. Added a static route on the internal web server for the 10.0 address pointing to the internal firewall et voila all works Web server with 2 NICs, 2nd NIC drops it's default gateway : default, gateway, 2, nic Gotta love the Google cache to help find answers on expertsexchange
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now