Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I would like to set up email accounts for outlook express but I can't find any options within Windows GPOs (2003) so I was wondering whether or not anyone knows how to create a script to do just that? As the user logs in the script runs so that when they go to outlook express they can use the program straight away?

 

%username%@school.lea.sch.uk is our email address format

 

Can anyone help?

 

Wes

Posted

8O Outlook Express on such a big scale?

 

I don't use it, we use Outlook Web Access or normal Outlook if you're special (like me!).

 

Sorry I know I've not helped at all.

 

Are you using Exchange?

Posted

No we are using a unix based imap email server called netmanager from Precedence Technologies Ltd.

 

RM CC3 has something setup that does it but we're moving away this summer and it's one of the last niggles I have. They can use the webmail system instead though so it's not really a big problem.

 

Wes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...