Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

You may know that Encarta has reached the status we refer to as "end of life" :sick:

 

I was asked a question by a school this morning about what the situation is for a school with Encarta on their School Agreement, and after I found the answer, I thought I'd share it more widely.

 

It was our UK education licensing team that knew the answer ([email protected])

 

 

Encarta has reached end of life, so there will unfortunately be no free download for customers. For every Encarta subscription licence in effect from April 09 or later under a CASA (Decode: Campus/School Agreement), one perpetual licence has been granted so that the software can be used permanently after the agreement expiration.

 

Please see link below for more information:

 

http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/7/7/D7702BE5-3FC2-4E3E-9465-35E66EF1AE8C/perpetual%20rights_student_encarta.pdf

 

Hope that helps (and praying it doesn't raise more questions than answers!)

 

Ray

Edited by john
fixed the link
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...