ant2ne Posted June 11, 2009 Posted June 11, 2009 My problem is similar to this problem http://www.edugeek.net/forums/networks/13967-wake-lan-across-vlans-subnets-3com-layer-3-switch-5500-a.html I've inherited this vlan configured 3Com 7750 that is blocking magic packets from vlan to vlan. I need the 254 vlan to be able to send magic packets to any and all other vlan. WOL does work within a given vlan I've attepted the commands used by SSTechIII but I have no "ip forward-broadcast" command in the "interface vlan-interface X". I've tried, and failed with... ]ip ip forward-broadcast permit 10.60.0.0 32 ]ip ip forward-broadcast permit 10.60.110.0 24 ]ip ip forward-broadcast permit 10.60.0.0 16
amfony Posted June 12, 2009 Posted June 12, 2009 hi friend - not to sure with this switch in paticular but on my old 3com cores its not forward-broadcast rather its directed-broadcast which had to be configured. In addition on cisco gear ive used this was set in the web interface again with the term directed-broadcast hth somehow
spc-rocket Posted June 12, 2009 Posted June 12, 2009 My problem is similar to this problem http://www.edugeek.net/forums/networks/13967-wake-lan-across-vlans-subnets-3com-layer-3-switch-5500-a.html I've inherited this vlan configured 3Com 7750 that is blocking magic packets from vlan to vlan. I need the 254 vlan to be able to send magic packets to any and all other vlan. WOL does work within a given vlan I've attepted the commands used by SSTechIII but I have no "ip forward-broadcast" command in the "interface vlan-interface X". I've tried, and failed with... ]ip ip forward-broadcast permit 10.60.0.0 32 ]ip ip forward-broadcast permit 10.60.110.0 24 ]ip ip forward-broadcast permit 10.60.0.0 16 Hiya, You need to find out which udp ports is used for wake on lan and allow this protocol. This is how we got it running on our layer 3 infrastructure based on cisco switches. We used mc-wol for the wake up program and i think it uses UDP 65535, some uses UDP 9 or 7 and AMD magic packet uses 2304 HTH, Ash.
ant2ne Posted June 15, 2009 Author Posted June 15, 2009 its not forward-broadcast rather its directed-broadcast which had to be configured. I find no "directed-broadcast" in my pdf manual for the 7750 or from browsing the ? lists. Can you show me where it is? You need to find out which udp ports is used for wake on lan and allow this protocol. This is how we got it running on our layer 3 infrastructure based on cisco switches. WOL is udp port 402 Wake-On LAN packets are sent via UDP on the same port that the Deployment Agent for Windows uses to connect to the Altiris Server Service (default 402)." - Ports and Protocols used by Deployment Solution 6.5 | Symantec Connect On the 7750 core switchudp-helper enable udp-helper port 402 int vlan 120 udp-helper enable udp-helper port 402 int vlan 140 udp-helper enable udp-helper port 402 which didn't work. Any other advice?
spc-rocket Posted June 15, 2009 Posted June 15, 2009 (edited) I find no "directed-broadcast" in my pdf manual for the 7750 or from browsing the ? lists. Can you show me where it is? WOL is udp port 402 Wake-On LAN packets are sent via UDP on the same port that the Deployment Agent for Windows uses to connect to the Altiris Server Service (default 402)." - Ports and Protocols used by Deployment Solution 6.5 | Symantec Connect On the 7750 core switchudp-helper enable udp-helper port 402 int vlan 120 udp-helper enable udp-helper port 402 int vlan 140 udp-helper enable udp-helper port 402 which didn't work. Any other advice? Can you not create an ACL to allow the udp port. I suspect you will need to forward the protocol as well. I can't advise on how to do this as i don't know what is supported on 3com or the correct syntax. Try this manual -> http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/switches/7750/sw7750configgdv3.1.5.pdf page 78. Forward broadcast will not be available for the particular vlan but it will be as a global configuration. Have you tried that. Ash. Edited June 15, 2009 by spc-rocket
ant2ne Posted June 15, 2009 Author Posted June 15, 2009 (edited) Can you not create an ACL to allow the udp port. I suspect you will need to forward the protocol as well. I can't advise on how to do this as i don't know what is supported on 3com or the correct syntax.there are no acl configured on this switch. I'm not real familiar with the acl for 3com. I'm not seeing how I need an acl to allow something when It shouldnt be blocked. Try this manual -> http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/switches/7750/sw7750configgdv3.1.5.pdf page 78. Forward broadcast will not be available for the particular vlan but it will be as a global configuration. Have you tried that. Ash.I did try that. the exact command is ip ip forward-broadcast permit 10.60.254.0 24 ip ip forward-broadcast permit 10.60.120.0 24Now that I think about it, this is totally wrong. [A116-core-1]ip forward-broadcast ^ % Unrecognized command found at '^' position.This is what I get when I just enter the command Edited June 15, 2009 by ant2ne
ant2ne Posted June 16, 2009 Author Posted June 16, 2009 I'm thinking I have to disable something in order for that command to be enabled. Reading that manual and googe isn't helping much.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now