Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

hi all, I have a vendor who can nslookup his external site ip address but cannot nslookup when using

site name. i.e.; c:\>nslookup url.net

 

his software is hardcoded with the url.net so changing it to it's ip is not an option. I setup a 'Routing' rule on our proxy(ISA 2000 SP2) but have done nothing on my dns server. should I add a record

in my dns pointing to his url.net?

Posted

Yep basically if you dont have a A record for the domain.net nslookup wont work probably.

I take it he cant ping domain.net? or if so what ip does he get?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...