Hedghog Posted May 20, 2009 Posted May 20, 2009 Hi All, Any one had any scheduled events not starting or apparently starting and not doing anything until the scheduled time limit was reached. The reason I'm asking is my 2K3 R2 server backups are run by a scheduled task and they have stopped running. When I look at the logs the only entry (and sometimes not even this) is in the scheduled event log which says starting. When I log on the server next day the task is shown as running but nothing is happening. When I set the same taskup under a different name it seems to work but the last one did for a few days. BTW the actual task is a VBScript which runs the backups if this has any bearing on the problem. Cheers
Jon Posted May 20, 2009 Posted May 20, 2009 Are you sure that the problem is not with the Backup program rather than with task scheduler?
FN-GM Posted May 20, 2009 Posted May 20, 2009 Are you sure that the problem is not with the Backup program rather than with task scheduler? if its vbs script it wont use a program
Hedghog Posted May 21, 2009 Author Posted May 21, 2009 Just to clear things up a bit it is a script not a program and I can run the script manually as many times as I like - it is just the scheduler starts but hangs. Just looked this morning and the task is running in the scheduler but that is far as it gets.
FN-GM Posted May 21, 2009 Posted May 21, 2009 try making a batch file to create a txt file and see if that works. What other tasks do you ave running?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now