Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Anyone know if I can join this as a non-resident? Had a look at the webpage and there seems to be a section for non-residents but I cant really make any sense out of it?
Posted

Hi Rabbie

 

As the recognised professional association for those working in ICT in Australia, the mission of the is to advance professional excellence in ICT. Like many like bodies in other parts of the world, we have non Australian to join the ACS and also Australians living outside to retain their ACS membership under a separate fee structure. Details at Australian Computer Society - Membership Fees.

 

Guideline for membership of the ACS can be retrieved at Australian Computer Society - Membership Levels and Entry Requirements Non-resident who wants to join the ACS can visit "How to Join" page at Australian Computer Society - Join the Australian Computer Society

 

Under the agreement between the ACS and the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) of Australia, those seeking to migrate to Australia as an IT Professional must complete an assessment through the ACS prior to lodging a migration application. This is a key reason why we have a section for non-resident in our homepage.

 

Let us know if you've other questions, please.

 

Simon Kwan

General Manager, Corporate Affair & Policy

Australian Computer Society

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Simon,

 

Thanks for the reply. I never anticipated a response direct from the Horses Mouth! I actually submitted an online inquiry through the website at the same time as starting this thread, but have not heard anything back from that yet, so your reply is appreciated.

 

I will actually be looking to apply for a permanent residency skilled visa soon, I hadn't realised there was a link between the immigration dept and the ACS, so thanks for that.

 

I am currently a full Professional Member of the British Computer Society, (and the IET), so would I just apply for the Member of the ACS?

 

I am not however in any current employment here, is that detrimental to my application?

 

Thanks again.

 

R.B

Posted

Hi R.B.

 

The pleasure is always ours.

 

While I shall check with the online enquiry team, I shall appreciate if you can direct your question to [email protected] and hope that we could provide you with a more personal response, if it is what you prefer.

 

Just don't want to discuss personal case over blog :-)

 

Let's know if you've other thoughts, please.

 

Thanks.

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...