Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just been thinking about this because quite frankly I need some way to figure out what my different policies are doing (or not) for different user groups.

 

At present I'm not aware of any way that and admin can specify a target group and output what the system will block or allow once all policies have been interpreted.

 

What I'd really like to see would be something like this...

 

 

Group: Staff

 

"Good" content (0/4)

ALLOW Email-related phrases

ALLOW General phrases

ALLOW News-related phrases

BLOCK Software updates

 

Adult themes (0/14)

Weapons (0/3)

BLOCK Hunting and Sporting

ALLOW Military

BLOCK Personal Weapons

 

 

etc...

 

 

I'm aware that it doesn't deal with the other settings in so much as things like "bypass authentication" settings, etc... but it would help develop much more comprehensive and easier-to-troubleshoot policies that didn't become an evil monster from hell...

 

If there's already something like this then for the love of pete, send it me yesterday... If not, please add to the wishlist...

 

Cheers

:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...