mossj Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 I have decided to put the MRBS system that we currently use on our intranet online to the world. However when I tried to do this it misses random bookings out, nothing has changed from the original install (apart from the DB section of the config file ^_^). The bookings it misses are constant and don't go in/out of existance nor do they disappear. I have checked the databases against each other and they both show the same amount of records (it's large @ 16,000 records in one & 1,500 records in the other) so i don't think its that.... Was wondering what you guys think it is? could it be host related? or a change of mysql version? p.s I used navicat lite to do the mysql dump/import
siuko Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 The only time I have seen mrbs forget bookings it when there has been a change in time on the server. It happened to me when I switched from BST to GMT. So is there are difference between times in the hosts? Which exact bookings are missing? I solved mine by changing my server to UTC time (I think that's what its called) so it doesnt now switch between GMT and BST. 1
mossj Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 (edited) The servers could i suppose (its on a shared host) be on different times, does that cause it to lose random bookings, and not the whole lot? Anyone know what TZ csnewmedia's servers are on? Edited April 21, 2009 by mossj
siuko Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 Sadly it would normally be the whole lot. But its the only time I've seen it lose bookings. Sorry if its not any help.
kmount Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 Check for yourself? - Add a new booking and see what time it comes back with. They are UK based (traceroute) so it's plausible the change is causing an upset but seems unlikely to have only affected certain bookings unless they were scheduled to start/end at 00:00hrs which might cause it to scream and die. 1
mossj Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 (edited) I can place bookings in the same place as the missing ones, so I don't think its a TZ issue... also (for anyone elses info) there on gmt Does anyone know a way to find out something unique about the entry (IE convert the start time into the series of numbers stored in the DB), so i can check if it exists... Edited April 21, 2009 by mossj
kmount Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 I know you said the db's were the exact same size, can you locate said booking ANYWHERE in the db? Seems very odd indeed. 1
mossj Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 I know you said the db's were the exact same size, can you locate said booking ANYWHERE in the db? Seems very odd indeed. This is what im looking into now, but I need something unique to look for (name or user isn't enough), 16000 records ^_^ start time + user would be but start time is stored as some *seemingly* random numbers...
mossj Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 (edited) hmm according to the hosts technical support the servers are on GMT (i was wrong..) , whilst the old server was on BST. Do you think this could be the issue? any way to check/solve? Edited April 21, 2009 by mossj
kmount Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 I wouldn't have thought so mate; best thing I can suggest is crack on and see if any new appointments made on the new server disappear. 1
mossj Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 Sorted it ^_^ I won't bother telling you what it was but if you have more than two brain cells it shouldn't matter....
kmount Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 Happens to the best of us, glad it's resolved though 1
siuko Posted April 22, 2009 Posted April 22, 2009 Go on mossj tell us what it was please It always helps to know fixes for things even if they are obvious.
NotSoFast Posted April 22, 2009 Posted April 22, 2009 Just in case it's useful to anyone, times in MRBS are stored as [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time]UNIX/POSIX[/ame] (seconds since the "epoch" in January 1970!).
mossj Posted April 22, 2009 Author Posted April 22, 2009 Go on mossj tell us what it was please It always helps to know fixes for things even if they are obvious. I backed up the database a week earlier and that was the database I was uploading/checking
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now