somabc Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 Is it possible to install a VM via PXE on Xen? For example on VMware you can boot it in pxe mode from the virtual bios.
kmount Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 I can't see why not. This link seems to agree. I'm happy to look into it if you want? 1
somabc Posted March 30, 2009 Author Posted March 30, 2009 Yes I was just playing around with the free Citrix Xenserver / XenCenter and could only see options for .iso / CD install.
Ric_ Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 (edited) @somabc: Yes you can... I use WDS through XenServer in this way. EDIT - This is a complete lie Edited March 30, 2009 by Ric_ I am a numpty! 1
somabc Posted March 30, 2009 Author Posted March 30, 2009 I'll have to check this out tommorrow. So in XenServer I should select 'Other VM' as the O/S then go to the console on boot and select PXE?
Ric_ Posted March 30, 2009 Posted March 30, 2009 Sorry... I completely lied and was thinking about something completely different Out of interest, what is it you are after doing?
somabc Posted March 30, 2009 Author Posted March 30, 2009 I want to create a new VM and run an install from PXE, ie no CD, no source install files etc. In VMWare http://www.vmware.co.nz/support/ws5/doc/img/guest_pxe.png
somabc Posted March 31, 2009 Author Posted March 31, 2009 Well I figured it out, in the VM properties you can change the boot order, if network is at the top it will PXE
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now