Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I've had the new Edugeek Joomla installed on a Linux host. It's not launched yet but I installed some modules and components today and it looks like it popped the memory so the site is blank.

 

Anyone else had these problems?

Posted

A blank page on a PHP site usually indicates that one of two things is true

 

1. The site has error message display turned all the way off and you're only going to get the error message in the logs

 

OR

 

2. The error is in a PHP file that has been include() or require() into the original file... This tends to suppress the error message itself and again you need to go to the logs.

 

 

In the latter case I've found that running the code through a syntax checker (Ultraedit, Eclipse development environments have them) helps to nail down the culprit if it's a syntax error which it usually is in this sort of instance.

 

My guess would be that you've managed to bork an edit as part of a module installation and need to locate the syntax error that's resulted..

Posted
Cheers - my hosting provider found it for me - it was an 'Attachments' plug-in which I installed - now I have thrown it in the bin.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...