Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

A wonderful new piece of software generates TIF image files, which don't seem to be associated with a viewer on many of our PCs, causing a few headaches for me!

 

I've been going round a few manually through Tools > Folder Options > File Types > New etc and linking them with the Windows Picture And Fax viewer which seems to work fine, is there anything I can insert into the registry to do the same task so I can just send all the staff a registry batch file?!

Posted

I use the assoc command in a machine startup script, heres an example:

 

assoc.wps=Word.Document.8

 

Look on google how to use "assoc"

 

If you type assoc at the command prompt it will list all associations.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...