Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

You might be interested in some of this

 

The big move | guardian.co.uk

 

I like the quote

 

Of course, managed services don't suit all schools. One of them is Tollbar business and enterprise college, New Waltham, Grimsby. "We did not want an ICT managed service for a lot of reasons," argues principal David Hampson. "I run a successful school. We have seven technicians, and an ICT manager who is part of the management team because I run the school as an education business. We have all our own very advanced systems.

 

"The premise is that if an ICT managed service is put into a school, it is cheaper for the school to join the service than to run its own ICT. This school [succeeds] because we want to control our own decisions."

 

If I had 7 technicians I won't need a managed service either I would already be one !!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...