Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Greetings. This is more a Joomla question than an Edugeek package question, so I apologize in advance if this is not the place to post this question.

 

I have set up a site using Joomla 1.5.9 and a Siteground template. I am trying to set up a link that opens a specific article in the editor, so that it can be changed. I am modeling my setup after the Edugeek packages, which have a single article in a category and use mod_newsflash to display the article - just as the Urgent News module does. On my site, when I create a link to edit this article, for some reason the &id=57 at the end of the url gets ignored and the link opens the article submission page. Any suggestions to try fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jeff

Posted

Sysman_mk,

Thanks for the tip. It helped me to solve this. I did as you suggested and when I looked at the url, it was a very long string rather than what I expected to see. I tried using this, but it still did not work. So, I turned of SEF, which I had enabled. This did the trick. I surmise that SEF was changing the link to edit the article and Joomla couldn't follow it, so it took me as far as it could - the article submission page. Thanks again. I learned something today.

Jeff

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...