techman Posted February 18, 2009 Posted February 18, 2009 Hello, I have been using a wireless Panasonic projector for the last 3 years. Worked fine. Now I cannot connect to it. I am using an XP Pro laptop. I can make a wifi connection to the projector but when I launch the Wireless Manager software to fully connect to the projector, it says "unsendable". The projector just displays a blue screen. I have reinstalled the software, removed and set up the network connection, checked the firewall settings etc. I can connect all other laptops to the projector and it works fine. Is there anything else that I can check? Any ideas on what the problem might be? Thanks.
kmount Posted February 18, 2009 Posted February 18, 2009 We've got a few of these little beauties and after much trouble we've got them down to a fine art! Firstly, if you've got VNC installed on the machine, it's worth turning that off to see if it fixes the issue. Secondly, which version of the Panasonic Wireless Manager are you using? We've just received a new version which although looking a bit more complicated seems to get rid of some of the stupid problems we've had. Firewall's worth a check but you've done that.
techman Posted February 18, 2009 Author Posted February 18, 2009 I am using version 2.0 I tried searching the Panasonic website for any updates, couldn't find any. What is VNC by the way?
kmount Posted February 18, 2009 Posted February 18, 2009 Version 2, wow, that's an oldie. VNC's a remote session sharing application often used to access a PC remotely and binds to a port typically TCP 5900 which tends to upset Panasonic Wireless Manager and other wireless projector providers (LevelOne for example). I can't recall which version we have, might be 4.5 now, we'd been using 3.0 for a while without much grief.
techman Posted February 18, 2009 Author Posted February 18, 2009 Did you download the newer version or did you just get it with a new projector?
kmount Posted February 18, 2009 Posted February 18, 2009 I found V3 on the net somewhere but the newer one came with a newer projector. Drop me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the new one if you like?
kmount Posted February 18, 2009 Posted February 18, 2009 Just checked, it's version 5 we're using now. 1
techman Posted February 24, 2009 Author Posted February 24, 2009 Installed WM v5.5 Basic. Problem solved. The new software detected that my laptop settings stopped connections with a projector. Thanks for the help.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now