tmcd35 Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 be an interesting month of Citrix v VMWare v M$ ahead... As I have said before, I'm making the move from VMWare to M$ here has it (on paper) appears to be the right route for this school. I think virtualisation is the way forward in the server room and I think schools should seriously investigate all three options to determine which is right for their particular environment - it's certainly not a one size fits all technology. One thing I have noticed, which is to be expected at this early stage in the technologies proprietary life cycle, there is limited interoperability between environments. Centralised management tools are now starting to see the light of day that support all three major platforms and so are a number of third party apps to convert between the various HD file formats (.vhd, .vmdk, etc). But it is still a major pain in the to either switch from one platform to another, or worse still run a mixed platform environment.
Ric_ Posted February 23, 2009 Posted February 23, 2009 Don't you love the way products change overnight? The feature comparison matrix is available at Citrix Systems XenServer Editions
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now