Diello Posted January 30, 2009 Posted January 30, 2009 Morning all... OK, I'm totally stumped on this one... We use Virtual Server 2005 R2 for our test network (Yes... I know... haven't got around to moving it to VMWare yet!) We're setting up a new Internal Network now to test out a ADMT plan to move to Server 2008. However, the Server 2008 VM refuses point blank to run off a static IP on the VS Internal Network. DHCP is fine, but changing the connection to static and it refuses to make a connection. It's worked fine on 2003 R2 before... so not sure what I'm missing... probably something obvious... Any bright ideas appreciated!! Thanks.
tmcd35 Posted January 30, 2009 Posted January 30, 2009 Are you using a bridged on NAT'd virtual network?
dhicks Posted January 30, 2009 Posted January 30, 2009 Any bright ideas appreciated!! Are you trying to assign an existing IP address to the VM, maybe? Are you setting the correct network mask? -- David Hicks
Diello Posted January 30, 2009 Author Posted January 30, 2009 No bridging or NAT - virtual network isn't connecting to the production network at all. Yup - Subnet mask & IP are all OK.
tmcd35 Posted January 30, 2009 Posted January 30, 2009 So how does the VM get an IP through DHCP? What IP does the VM get through DHCP, and What is the static IP you are trying?
SYNACK Posted January 30, 2009 Posted January 30, 2009 I have had this issue before, I solved it by providing the static ip in DHCP as a reservation. This got it all up and going again.
dhicks Posted January 30, 2009 Posted January 30, 2009 So how does the VM get an IP through DHCP? Hmm, I think VirtualBox does this - the VM software itself isn't dishing out a DHCP address, is it? -- David Hicks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now