Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just been reading through my RSS feeds (you can tell what kind of day I've got planned ;) ) and noticed this story...

 

Sun Releases VirtualBox 2.1

 

One thing that caught my was

 

full VMDK/VHD support including snapshots.

 

Support for the competition. Certainly questions the value of VMWare Workstation or VMWare Fusion. Also OpenGL 3D acceleration. Certainly becoming quite the desktop vm product and free to boot!

Posted

Support for the competition.

 

not exactly, it's an open format. The idea with open formats is that anyone can use them, like HTML ;)

 

thanks though, I'll be upgrading. Can't wait for the server version.

Posted

 

I upgraded my home system the other day so I could run a test LDAP server. All worked smoothly, upgraded no problems. VirtualBox now supports Ubuntu's default kernel - before now you always had to install a different kernel to get an Ubuntu VM working.

 

--

David Hicks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...