Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Veritas backup gives error a000fe30 for Exchange drive


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a Windows 2000 Server running Veritas Backup Exec 9.00 Rev 4367 and Microsoft Exchange 2000

 

This used to work, but in the last month or so When I run a backup job that includes Microsoft Exchange via an M drive the backup job fails with:

Final Error code a000fe30 HEX

Final error description: A communications failure has occurred

 

"A communications failure has occurred" (a000fe30 HEX or e000fe30 HEX) is reported during a failed backup job of an Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 Server's File System

 

This says that the M drive should not be backed up at all, but I can't see how else to backup the data.

 

I'm trying to think what's changed, and all I can come up with is that we have a new server (2003) which also has Microsoft Exchange (2003). I believe that the old server is still the primary, and I'm hoping to migrate all the email to the new server, but I need to take a backup first!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...