apearce Posted November 10, 2008 Posted November 10, 2008 Hi, I'm installing Moodle for the first time and one of my requirements is single sign on. I've got version 1.9 installed and I have configured the LDAP settings. I click Save Changes and try to log in but all i seem to get is "Invalid login, please try again". I've tried username, domain\username, username@domain I have checked the php.ini file to see if ldap is enabled and it is. I have checked the php_ldap.dll is there and it is. This is the only error message I get. I've tried searching in the log files located in C:\Moodle19\Moodle19\apache\logs but i think this is the apache log file rather than the moodle log file. I believe I have everything configured correctly as its the same settings I have for another program that required LDAP authication etc. Does Moodle work with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory? Where is the moodle log file kept? Does it sound like Ive missed anything Thanks for your help A.
apearce Posted November 19, 2008 Author Posted November 19, 2008 Can anyone help me with this please?
danIT Posted November 19, 2008 Posted November 19, 2008 The apache error logs will be in the directory where apache is installed, might be worth a look. I havent used LDAP before so Im not sure how to get it working and if it will work with server 2008? Have you checked the logs in Moodle, login as Admin and click on 'Reports' and then 'Logs' or OpenDNS One of the log report settings in the drop down box is: Site Errors, i think in the drop down which by default is set to all activities?
apearce Posted November 19, 2008 Author Posted November 19, 2008 No nothing comes up in the Reports - Log - it just gives where the users have been but still no error message Thanks for you help though
Geoff Posted November 19, 2008 Posted November 19, 2008 If you are authenticating against a 2008 server you must use secure ldap.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now