BBrian Posted October 17, 2008 Posted October 17, 2008 Does anyone know of a compatible scanner to use with Server 2003? I'm using the Terminal Server itself as a workstation and HP don't have compatible drivers for the scanner we have. I did some googling but couldn't find anything concrete.
Ric_ Posted October 17, 2008 Posted October 17, 2008 Why are you trying to do this? Citrix XenApp does TWAIN-pass-through so that any client-attached scanner will appear in your session. I'm guessing you don't use Citrix XenApp though. I take it you did try the XP drivers?
BBrian Posted October 17, 2008 Author Posted October 17, 2008 I upgraded the computer lab from Win98 machines to a Terminal Server setup, no Citrix involved. There's no issue but the drivers. I tried, I think, two versions of XP drivers and also checked that the necessary service was started (can't recall its name). I've given up on the existing scanner being used here. I'm not even trying to attach the scanner to a client. The TS itself is being used as a workstation, so we can play DVDs on the room's projector. I'll Google XenApp Twain and see if any particular models are mentioned.
Ric_ Posted October 17, 2008 Posted October 17, 2008 RDP does not support TWAIN-redirection I'm afraid so it won't work on your clients. I suggest you ask your hardware supplier to find you a suitable scanner - Nathan at Westwood Associates 01753 887161 will happily spend time finding a suitable solution and he's EduGeek friendly - it's what they are there for after all!
DMcCoy Posted October 17, 2008 Posted October 17, 2008 Probably doesn't hurt to remember that the Imaging service is disabled by default on 2003 too. Edit: I see you already started it. Hmmm.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now