Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

No access to roaming profiles folder


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm having to pretty much redo the user structure here from scratch as my predecessor used some sort of program to do a load of stuff and it's useless (for lack of better word).

I've got everything working, a user logs in, it creates a home area and profiles folder for them automatically.

The problem is the permissions. On the home area its fine, once its created, correct permissions are applied and I can go into the folder as an admin.

The profiles folder however won't let me in or add/remove any groups security. All I can do is take ownership and then try, but I don't want to change ownership.

 

The only difference between home area and profiles folder in terms of permissions is one setting in the advanced permissions, to do with deleting subfolders for the user. That's it.

 

For the profiles folder I have:

Creator Owner

Domain Admins

Staff

System

 

The only thing concerning me is that domain admins has full control on folders, subfolders and files, yet when the users profile dir is created, I have no access to it.

Any light shed on this would be a great help as I will be moving over all staff very soon and would prefer it sorted before rather than having to try and fix after.

Posted

thanks once again!

i'm assuming it only propogates to newly created profiles, not ones already in action? not a major prob if it is, only about 6 users are on the new system at the mo.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...