ajbritton Posted April 5, 2006 Posted April 5, 2006 Is it possible to modify the site so that users who are already logged on go straight to the 'forums center block' page (can't see the link for this anymore BTW but I know it still works). I never read the 'Welcome to EduGeek' block and in my opinion it's a PITA. I often use EduGeek on my TV based browser which means I have to scroll down a page and a half to get to the list of recently updated posts. Also, there is so much activity on the site these days, that this list often does not show all the threads modified in the last 24 hours for instance. It might also be good to have pages which would show all activity over a fixed range of times (24 hours, 7 days, 30 days etc). If I'm stoopid and all these things are already possible, please tell me how to do it... Thank, and keep up the great work on my favourite site on the Internet. Andy
thom Posted April 5, 2006 Posted April 5, 2006 I was just thinking the same thing! I only ever look at the "forums latest" and ignore everything else completely and i've been visiting since July. If you move the welcome pane to the right or underneath the updated forms bit it would be a lot more friendly to return visitors. I also just noticed (as it's the first time i've looked at it) that on the left navigation pane competitions is spelt with an R.
NetworkGeezer Posted April 5, 2006 Posted April 5, 2006 It might also be good to have pages which would show all activity over a fixed range of times (24 hours, 7 days, 30 days etc). Andy Yeah brilliant idea. Hey if Capita can do it then so can eduGeek!
russdev Posted April 5, 2006 Posted April 5, 2006 ok will look into it all we are going to aanouce few things later today in relation to how we do changes to site so it wont be chanaged today but i will look into it... russ
NetworkGeezer Posted April 5, 2006 Posted April 5, 2006 It's amazing what happens when you mention the name Capita
russdev Posted April 11, 2006 Posted April 11, 2006 right now non reg users get full message as before... Reg users get shorted block how does it look... @thom maybe should look around a bit lot more to the site other than the fourms.. russ p.s going to http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=search&search_id=newposts will show all new posts since your last visit.
ajbritton Posted April 12, 2006 Author Posted April 12, 2006 @russdev: Vast improvement. I know I can use the 'posts since last visit', but it doesn't seem to work well when you regularly access the site from more that one location. I would still value a 'posts in the last day/week/month' option.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now