somabc Posted September 16, 2008 Posted September 16, 2008 can anyone recommend a good place to get an out of warranty MacBook pro repaired in London? I tried to upgrade the hd. When I booted with the new drive it kernel panicked with the storage drivers I think. I put the old hd back but it now boots up to the chime with a grey screen and hangs with no message. I can hear the hd spinning up and down. I think I may have bent the sata cable perhaps?
HodgeHi Posted September 18, 2008 Posted September 18, 2008 You could perhaps try this to see where you went wrong or what ever happened that resulted in it not working. It may be that you need a certain type of drive? iFixit - Installing MacBook Pro 15" Core Duo Hard Drive Good luck
somabc Posted September 18, 2008 Author Posted September 18, 2008 I think this cable is damaged? MacBook Pro 15.4inch Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 922-7264 MacBook Pro 15-inch Core Duo Hard Drive / Bluetooth / IR Cable Apple Mac Parts and Repairs from VIS Ltd I booted off another Mac in firewire disk mode, the original disk is not seen at all by the mac. I cant access the disk on any other computers by usb either. The brand new disk is seen but has a SMART error. All the files seem to be there though. I don't see how both drives would have failed at the same time so hopefully its the cable that's damaged. Went to an appler dealer on the strand who quoted £125 just to look at it! FFS!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now