Andi Posted September 13, 2008 Posted September 13, 2008 I want to allow staff access to set the power saving/screen saver timeouts on their PCs where currently they are denied. I assume this is done via a group policy, but I can't for the life of me find it. Can some kind soul point me in the right direction please?
Michael Posted September 13, 2008 Posted September 13, 2008 The only way I can think of would be to enable access to the Control Panel and then specify what CPLs are available. User Config > Admin Templates > Control Panel Show only specified Control Panel applets - Enabled, click the Show button, click Add and enter powercfg.cpl Make sure Prohibit access to the Control Panel is Disabled or Not Configured If you'd like to see what other CPL files there are, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and search for *.cpl. Most you can work out what they are by the file names. Alternatively double clicking most of them will reveal what they are too. 1
Andi Posted September 15, 2008 Author Posted September 15, 2008 Thanks, I think that will give the access I require.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now