dgsmith Posted September 11, 2008 Posted September 11, 2008 We did some network updates during the summer (CC3 to CC4.. don't ask) and now our eclipse2 package is giving us the most annoying error which we can't figure out! ERROR: Network connection aborted by localhost NUMBER: 10053 SOURCE: Userarea.Initialise (RuntimeDLL) ..which comes up as soon as eclipse loads (and wont go away). Machine has no firewall set (at least the MS one says disabled) and workstation security is zero, although we don't know whether it is something that CC4 has broken. However, I just wanted to see if anyone had seen this on their own network (for whatever reason), or could suggest what the message means!
plexer Posted September 11, 2008 Posted September 11, 2008 What database are you using? Is eclipse installed completely on the local workstation or on a network share? Ben
dgsmith Posted September 11, 2008 Author Posted September 11, 2008 We have eclipse on the central FR server with the client software installed on workstations for access to it. It does actually appear to pull down the database from the server and show it (as we can see the database entries when we first load it up), however this error prevents the user from doing anything within the eclipse client.
t4ll1f3r Posted October 19, 2008 Posted October 19, 2008 Have you tried making your user local priviledge. That worked for us with eclipse although I can't remember the error we were encountering. Mark
BJC Posted August 18, 2011 Posted August 18, 2011 Hi, Did you ever get this sorted? Just moved ours from the admin network to the CC4 network and i'm getting exactly the same error. Thanks ben
dgsmith Posted August 18, 2011 Author Posted August 18, 2011 Wow.. nearly 3 years ago so memory really struggling here! TBH I really can't remember what it was, but I don't remember it being an issue for long so it couldn't have been a big one for us to sort. In hindsight maybe I should have posted back here when we sorted it for ref in future for others! I know around that time we downloaded the-then latest version of Eclipse and made a updated package (with CC4) - whether this would for good measure or as the solution, again I can't remember. Also check the file/folder permissions area in CC4 to ensure it is still present in there to attach to the database (i.e: with us, the database is on RMPublic).
BJC Posted August 19, 2011 Posted August 19, 2011 Thanks for your reply. I ended up opening a support ticket with the company. Turns out it was a proxy problem. I had to send them the security.mdb file and my proxy details and then they sent it back including those details. I replaced the original file and it worked. They said it was a known problem with CC4 and responded really quickly although i couldn't find anything relating to it on there support site. Ben
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now