Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Need a Laptop: 17"+ Screen, +/-£1k MUST be New (List of Demands Inside...)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Head's laptop has this habit of eating batteries and the last one was the last straw. I've only been buying refurbs for the last century and not even sure where to go really for all the following! Hopefully someone out there has some idea where I'd find the laptop of my dreams:

 

- Must be brand new. No refurbs at all.

- Screen must be at least 17", the bigger the better.

- Hopefully has the letters "HP" on it.

- Must image nicely/pxe boot.

- Warranty can't be tied to OS (see above) and must have some sort of warranty with the less quibble the better.

- W11 compatible (hopefully they all are at this point!)

- Performance has to be as decent as I can get. Minimum 16gb RAM but honestly if an upgrade option to 32gb I'd like it.

- I'm going to wince over £1k. But I think we're all wincing at RAM prices anyway so I am prepared to wince.

 

Post up here or inbox me or tell me I'm dreaming! Thanks all.

Posted
Just now, DalekSec said:

Not 17 but there is a HP Probook 4 G1i 16" that meets your specs

or the HP 470 G10 

 

Cheers - would do but has to be 17". At least. Or they'll turn around and beat me with it!

 

There's a few models I've found that fit the bill but it's the warranty issue with running our own image I'm not having much luck clarifying with anyone. Could try making some calls (and will do if it gets into next week) but if we've got any tame/nice suppliers on the forum I thought I'd pitch it here and see.

Posted
1 minute ago, JRA said:

 

Cheers - would do but has to be 17". At least. Or they'll turn around and beat me with it!

 

There's a few models I've found that fit the bill but it's the warranty issue with running our own image I'm not having much luck clarifying with anyone. Could try making some calls (and will do if it gets into next week) but if we've got any tame/nice suppliers on the forum I thought I'd pitch it here and see.

 

Forgot to add: Worth noting a lot of manufacturers do 16 instead of 17 now due to the aspect ratio being 16:10 not 16:9

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...