Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

Hopefully this is the most suitable category for this one!

 

I'm looking for recommendations as I am really struggling to work out something that will do what the overlords are looking for.

 

We are bringing in reading surveys for our year 6 students each term, and have the first set done and data ready to go. The actual survey process is fine, it's the results we need to store and process and analyse etc, and this is where I am pondering.

 

Basically they are answering questions that reflect their current situation/progress with reading. We want to be able to compare the answers from whole classes, the whole year group, or individual students, between terms or school years, easily. This pretty much rules out your typical Excel or Google Sheets type stuff as any such comparison would have to be manually prepared each time. There must be some sort of system or site out there that can achieve this sort of thing and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

 

We use Arbor, Insight etc, and are currently on Microsoft but migrating to Google this year so it definitely wants to be cloud/web based to survive that migration, although I'd assume any such service would be anyway.

 

Hopefully I'm not missing any stupidly obvious things that are right in front of me - but any suggestions or recommendations on this front would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks!

Rupert

Posted
29 minutes ago, td5roo said:

There must be some sort of system or site out there that can achieve this sort of thing and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

 

You could look at Microsoft Power BI:

 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/products/power-bi

 

Or the Google equivilant, Looker Studio:

 

https://lookerstudio.google.com

 

Both are free to start using, although Power BI costs if you want to start sharing dashboards you've created with other users.

 

Another option is to write an application to process the data you want into a set of static web pages you can share how you like - I'd probably go for a Python script outputing HTML / Javascript using a pre-made graphing library. A year ago that might of been a bit much, but I suspect it's the kind of task that might now be a good fit for an agentic coding agent.

Posted

Champion, thank you. Never even heard of Looker Studio before, so I suppose I had best crawl out from under my rock and start looking - or Lookering!

 

Much obliged, I will report back with progress... or lack of! 😂

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...