Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

Happy New Year! Am in the process of setting up a workgroup S2D cluster at the moment, and have created the machine certificates all okay. Test-WSMan -UseSSL all works perfectly between all nodes, as does Enter-PSSession -UseSSL HOWEVER I cannot get the Cluster Validation to pass. 

It errors on the Storage side, with the following message:
An error occurred while executing the test.
One or more errors occurred.

There was an error retrieving information about the Disks from node '{0}'.

ERROR CODE : 0x80131500;
NATIVE ERROR CODE : 1.
The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

I've checked the Windows Firewall exceptions and everything else, and as the Test-WsMan and Enter-PSSession work can't see anything else wrong.

 

I'm wondering if the Test-Cluster/Test-WorkgroupCluster cmdlets aren't setup or capable of using WinRM over HTTPS? Or if there's a way that I haven't been able to find, to force the use of HTTPS for these tests? I just want to be sure that it's a bug with the validation, rather than there being something wrong with my configuration, before moving forward. 

Additionally, I get the following DNS error every so often (again, this is definitely due to not being domain-joined, so want to be sure there's nothing I've missed to stop this being an error)

Cluster network name resource 'Cluster Name' failed registration of one or more associated DNS name(s) for the following reason:
No credentials are available in the security package



Cheers,
Stephen

Posted

Just to update on this in case anyone else finds this;

- I was right, it was down to the HTTPS settings. I'd followed recommendations to disable HTTP for WinRM - re-enabling HTTP and the appropriate firewall rule, has allowed the cluster validation to complete successfully

 

Working with my Microsoft reseller to see if it can be raised with Microsoft as a bug/known issue - as there is little documentation available currently anyway. 

Cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...