Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Word hangs, not responding, application hang, event ID 1002, when using Google Drive for Desktop


Recommended Posts

Posted

I was wondering if anyone had issues with Word when accessing files stored on Google Drive using Google Drive for Desktop. 

 

We have Windows 10/11 with the current version of Drive for Desktop installed. We are using Office 2010, which I know is probably the reason, but we are hoping to purchase A3 licences to give us the latest 365. However, we need a fix until they are rolled out or I need to prove that the version of Office is the problem.

 

However, staff are also having performance/save issues with the up-to-date version of Lynx Whiteboard when working with files on Drive for Desktop.

 

I am doing the usual, safe mode, remove add-ins one at time etc. but I am wondering if it is something to with network traffic. Have you had to limit the cache size or use the bandwidth settings? However, if the user is connected in school and then connects at home, I would have thought there would be little to sync.

Posted
22 hours ago, Caffeine11 said:

I was wondering if anyone had issues with Word when accessing files stored on Google Drive using Google Drive for Desktop.

 

If it's any help: no, we haven't (that I know of), and we have a similar-ish setup to yourself. Mostly Office 2019 on our Windows devices, with some now moving to Office 365, with the Google Drive client installed. We've not done anything to change cache size / bandwidth limits from the default. These are school devices, used from school with a nice gigabit fiber connection, so we haven't tried them in a limited-bandwidth situation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...