Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Unity Editor for Students - Applocker / Permission conflicts?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all, making a post for this as I cannot figure this out for the life of me!

 

We've recently been asked to deploy Unity Hub & Editor out for our Games Design class, the deployment went well using the Education Grant License steps to make it account-less, and if I load up the editor on an admin account, it opens without issue (albeit after waiting 3-4 minutes for it to actually load past the splash screen).

 

If I try and open it up on a student account, I can get through the hub and start a new project or choose a template without any issue, but when you then try starting the editor, the splash screen will come up and start to crawl through startup, eventually hanging at a random point within the "Compiling Scripts: ...." process after 5-10 minutes. Tried with a few students in a class and they all get stuck at different steps in the loading process. The app itself doesn't crash or hang, you can just close the main app without any issue and try again instantly.

 

Has anyone who uses this deployed it successfully and sidestepped any of these issues in the past?

The only thing I can think of is applocker preventing one of the sub executables from running - I've added allow exceptions for the main exe, the bee_backend and the package manager, but still no joy on subsequent runs.

 

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated - it's going to keep me awake all weekend otherwise!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...