Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
18 hours ago, Ditto said:

I did! It said no, until I pushed it into a corner and changed it's mind. Generalistic Ai is far to keen to support one's viewpoint. I also aksed it about which Ai companies are making a profit. It said NVidia. I argued NVidia supplies hardware to Ai companies. Again it back tracked and basically said none of the major players. However, I think that's changing - I think are troubled times ahead, including with MS licensing and included Copilot. I'd say enjoy the free versions now as much as you can, it's a golden time and won't last when the investment needs to show a profit.

The cheaper plans are now having massive restrictions put on them. I have ChatGPT Plus as its a massive time saver on my home network, but also use it at work. Have built a few apps to help us with day to day jobs, things like password reset for staff, user creating tools, video/image compressor all things that are simple to do. Prior to summer holidays could spend all day getting Codex to code away for me, past few weeks though have burned through my 5 hour limit in an hour, and not doing particularly demanding things. 

 

At the moment for me the £20 plan is good enough for home use as its the odd half hour here and there, but to continue to use it for work would need to pay for the £90 a month plan and as that comes out of my pockets that's a no!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bumhug360 said:

The cheaper plans are now having massive restrictions put on them.

The cheaper models have also got lot better: what I used to do 3 months ago in Claude opus and sonnet I can now have opus write up the plan and get dirt cheap GPT luna or sol 6.1 models go and do the research and implementation. literally gone from £100 per day to £25 without any loss in quality. 

Edited by dmj

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...