Nelson Posted February 23, 2023 Posted February 23, 2023 Good morning I have an interesting but not desperate problem. A few of my utility/backup menus have options to open log files in notepad. These options are preceded by a reg import line which sets the notepad window size to the text file containing the information. Everything works as expected except that when the notepad window opens it is "inactive" i.e. title bar greyed out. Not a problem but this only ocurred after the reg import line had been added. The reg file was exported from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad I have tried a few "incarnations" of the start command but all result in the same output. Relevant code for the Backup menu .bat file: reg import "E:\My Documents\Downloaded\Programs\notepadsettingsBU.reg" start "" notepad.exe "E:\My Documents\Downloaded\Programs\backuplog.txt" Any pointers would be most appreciated. Kind regards
Nelson Posted February 24, 2023 Author Posted February 24, 2023 Update to this post. Problem has been solved, albeit a little tortuous. I placed the two lines of code into a batch file and compiled to an exe. Calling the exe file produced an active window. So the menu option now reads: call "E:\My Documents\Downloaded\Programs\ViewBulog.exe" Case closed I believe. Many thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now