Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have an O365 tenancy and have turned off 2FA to resolve problems users were experiencing.

 

Signing in as an end user (no roles), navigating to their initials > View account > Update Info (under Security info) and I'm asked to use the MS Authenticator even after an hour.

 

Manage security defaults are turned off, as are per-user MFA with no conditional access rules set.

 

Why is this happening and how do I resolve it?

Posted

I think I've got to the bottom of this -

 

On the per-user MFA page, highlight the user, select Manage user settings > Require selected users to provide contact methods again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...