firefighting Posted July 1, 2008 Posted July 1, 2008 (edited) JCE 1.5.0 EGJP 1.5.3 Sorry if this has been answered before but I cannot find an answer anywhere. Hope you can help. I have been sent a solution but it does not work. I have tried this soultion but I cannot get it to work. The aproblem with JCE seem to be the tool bar appears below the menu layer and therefore difficult to use. See attached snap shot. Can anyone offer advice? many thanks Edited July 1, 2008 by firefighting
SimpleSi Posted July 1, 2008 Posted July 1, 2008 My work around is to not edit on the front page and arrange menus/modules so that they are on the left hand side of the page. Not a brilliant solution but it works regards Simon 1
firefighting Posted July 1, 2008 Author Posted July 1, 2008 Great pity . Just though it was me that was missing the point! Good advice I will follow. Thanks
SimpleSi Posted July 1, 2008 Posted July 1, 2008 There seems to be some settings in the JCE configuration page for setting width of the editor - maybe that would help? regards Simon
firefighting Posted July 1, 2008 Author Posted July 1, 2008 Been there, tried them all. Changing width does not work!
SimpleSi Posted July 1, 2008 Posted July 1, 2008 mm- plot thickens. I've been playing with the eg simple template in egJP 1.5.3 and added a column on the right. I then logged in and went to edit my main article and the editor didn't merge into the right hand modules It did push them across a little bit though but that doesn't matter when editing. I did have the same problem as you on my e.g brown template based site. What template are you using? regards Simon
firefighting Posted July 1, 2008 Author Posted July 1, 2008 I am using the eg_1.5default. I am convinced it is template related but cannot find where. Incidentally, how do you move the sub menus to the left hand side? I have seen it somewhere but just cannot find where the setting is! ff
SimpleSi Posted July 1, 2008 Posted July 1, 2008 how do you move the sub menus to the left hand side? Menus are in menu modules Go into module manager and select type mod_mainmeu You can then see which menus are in what positions and can switch their positions about. (Use the trick of http://www.yoursite.com/?tp=1 to see you module positions) regards Simon 1
firefighting Posted July 1, 2008 Author Posted July 1, 2008 Oh yes! now I remember . What will we do with you!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now